Stay Connected

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Lets get CDH on the Oprah Show.

Someone( dawn) needs to give me something to give Victoria to say. Like a verbatium thing. I did ask Victoria and she said she'd do it for you
    I think it's a wonderful idea.
    I tried the jar thing and everyone I visited shot me down...even my own husbands store!!!! Legal mumbo jumbo!
    So this is my 2nd idea..
    ( i hope no other group steals this idea!) because i'm gonna TM(trademark) it as mine

Again Lise- you are cracking me up. You go girl and TM it!!!
    This will be so wonderful to see when Victoria does it.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

LOVE that idea!!!!! If we can get families to talk for say 3 or 4 minutes each about their cherubs, we can put together an entire movie.

What to say... ok, let me work on that.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Just send it to my home email and Victoria can do it while she's off from school.
    Make it as long as sweet, caring whatever...you and cherubs held me together...

Getting our story out to the media

I tired Oprah several times with no luck. I decided to write to Reader's Digest. The link is for writers but I told them my idea was for one of there writers. They really prefer stories by there staff writers.

Here's is the link. I said I was not alone and felt very confident they would hear from others. I was very brief about my story, 1 small paragraph. I said the story could be health or inspirational but I put it under inspirational because each of our babies has inspired us in some way. I put in 2 paragraphs of information about CDH and the CHRUBS web site.

http://www.rd.com/articleproposal.do...OP_SITE&lid=31

Hugs,
    Alyx

Thanks Alyx
    That's my goal today!

Oprah Show

Hey Guys I just E-mailed the oprah show to maybe she can help get the word out.

Alyx-I am going to write Readers Digest today also. Thanks.
    Dawn-love the idea of a movie. How will this all come together?
    I am in for sure. I know my oldest girl, Lexi, would LOVE to do something for CHERUBS.
    Please let us know what and how this will be done!!!! I'm excited about this one.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Great idea Alyx. I just wrote to reader's digest. I hope others will follow along and maybe we can get one of their writers to put something in the magazine.
    Kristin Morrow- mother of Landen James 9/18/07 (LCDH- diagnosed at 19 weeks in utero- CDH repair at 4 days old- chest tube due to secondary pneumothorax for 6 days- HFOV for 8 days- inhaled nitric oxide for 6 days- high flow nasal cannula oxygen for 14 days; battled drug withdrawl & an oral aversion- NICU stay 28 days) http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m.../cdhribbon.jpg

I think anyone that is interested should write to readers digest this week.
    Readers Digest should be our magazine for the week.
    The more we sent to them, the more they will get interested in our cause.