Stay Connected

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Lets get CDH on the Oprah Show.

Blog Entries
    Very interesting to read the posts on the ABC site. Thanks Dawn for posting to it, too!
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Don't thank me, Lise was the one who found the message board this morning and posted it on our Gray's Anatomy thread. I only wish I had read her post sooner!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

I am going to get on the ABC site now.
    Going to email the lady from Chicken Soup-Thanks Kara and i would like to share some news......received this today...

Stephanie,
    I received your letter on my desk and I would like to do a web story on this event in Indiana. I think it could turn into a touching article for people not aware of CDH. So if you would like, send me an email back confirming this story and we can take it to the next step.
    Thanks for your time-
    Dan Guetter
    Quad Magazine

My response:
    Dan,
    Thank you so much for having interest in this Atv ride for CDH awareness.
    Your response has brightened my day.
    If I can answer any questions- please do not hesitate to ask.
    Will you be so kind to let me know how I will be able to access this web story? CHERUBS members will want to read it and allowing Quad readers to view it will bring CDH awareness to a new level.

Stephanie Olivarez

Does that sound ok to your guys?
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Sounds great, Stephanie!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Now, stupid question... what is Quad magazine?
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Quad magazine is all about Atv riders....Atv clubs and their rides, different location of trails to ride on, companies that make Atv's, advertisements,etc........They will write this article and talk about the CHERUBS ride in April.

Dawn I read your post on ABC and it is fantastic.
    Can you help me and tell me how I can post there? I have just become a member and could not figure it out???
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

I had a hard time figuring it out too. You just hit the Reply button under someone else's post.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Blog Entries
    What happened to Dawn's posting on the ABC Grey's Anatomy site. It's GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

What do you mean it's gone?

I got another letter from an ATV magazine:

Hi Stephanie-
    I wanted to let you know that I received yur package in the mail and have read it over. I am going to talk to the publisher and request that we help yo out in any way that we can. I will do my best to get your event date location and time in our news section of the magazine. I will also forward your info to our web guys and have them post this online for you, can you provide me with an e-mail you would like posted online or a website that would have more info, possibly a telephone number? I can use this one but I want to be sure that would be ok with you first.
    The next few weeks are really busy for our snowmobile publications and most of the editors/publishers will be out of the country including myself but I will be sure to get back to you, it may be a couple weeks but I will also talk to the appropriate people in that time.

Thanks for taking the time to send your letter,
    God Bless,
    AJ

My response:
    Hello AJ,
    Thank you so much for having interest in the ATV ride for CDH awareness.
    Your response has brightened my day.
    If I can answer any questions- please do not hesitate to ask.
    The email address: olivarez@rtcol.com/ solivarez@cherubs-cdh.org
    The phone number: 574-224-2223
    The website for more CDh information is: cdhsupport.org

Will you be so kind to let me know how I will be able to access the web story and what issue the information about the ride will be in? CHERUBS members will want to read it and allowing ATV magazine readers to view it will bring CDH awareness to a new level.

I appreciate you efforts in helping us with this ATV ride for CHERUBS.

Have a safe and fun trip.
    I look forward to talking with you when you return.
    Thank You-
    Stephanie
    CHERUBS Indiana State Representative

I am so happy with two responses in one day. This is a sign that we are going to get CDH awareness out there and get people to know what CHERUBS is all about.

Now I am very courious to see why Dawn's post is gone?
    Are the other posts from CHERUBS members gone to?

Ok tonight I was watching Nancy Grace, I happen to love her. For those that don't know she just gave birth to twins that were 2 & 5 lbs., spent time in the NICU & then she became very ill and was hospitilized. She is looking for "extraordinary parents"! I found it interesting but the web site is www.cnn.com/nancygrace....maybe she would be interested in the strength it takes for CDH parents?!?! Worth a shot???

I am on writing to Nancy Grace. It might be a go!!!!!Thanks Tara.

Lise-I just was looking at your bearersofgrace1019.spaces.live.com.
    It was wonderful to be able to look at all your pictures. Christmas06,Soakin in God's Love, Grace naked, You are my sunshine.
    Thanks for allowing me to view it. I enjoyed it so.

I'm off to write Nancy Grace.