Stay Connected

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Lets get CDH on the Oprah Show.

You ladies are just awesome!!!!

I e-mailed several reporters today, hopefully will bite onto a story about CDH.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

I realy hope and pray Kristin that someone hears us....you are such an amazing advocate for cdh!
    You are motivating all of us!!!

I emailed them also, that is a great idea...

Hi Kara.
    Thank you so much for joining us. Every little bit helps.
    How is candence? What a beautfiul name she has! Is tomorrow her 1st birthday????

Can you hear us Oprah!?!

I was doing some research on CDH one day while at the NICU and the Oprah show was on the tv in the parent room. I had the idea to submit my daughters story & some information on CDH. I asked that a show be done on CDH to bring more awareness & support for those born with it & their parents. Hopefully one day soon, something will come of it. I think its a great idea & totally agree that if everyone can submit their story, maybe the Oprah Show will respond! Great idea!!!

I hope so Tara. I saw an Oprah show where a woman had twins: one lived, one died. Oprah looked so uncomfortable. I also wrote to Oprah, Ladies Home journal twice, Womans day and one other one.
    We were kinda batting around the idea that maybe Oprah feels uncomforatble w/ infant death because her baby died when she was a teen. What do you think? I don't know.....

Welcome to CHERUBS, Tara! We'll get CDH on there - there is power in numbers and CDH moms are notorious for never giving up.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Blog Entries
    Ok ladies, so I was sitting in the bathtub last night reading my Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul book and I decided to scroll through the back and read about the authors. Hot dog! There is a big list of freelance writers for magazines or magazine article publishers. They list their addresses and/or phone numbers. One in particular struck me that we need to write to.

It said "Liane Kupferberg Carter is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in the New York Times, McCall's Child, Glamour, Cosmopolitan and Newsday. She lives with her family in Westchester, New York, and is a community activist on behalf of children with special needs. She can be reached at lcarter@cloud9.net."

My book was published in 2006 so it's not too old, but you know how people change email addresses often. I don't know if it's still a working email or not, but I bet if we google her name, we could dig up info on her and contact her somehow.
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

I have her email in a email right now. I'll send something off asap.
    I love Chicken Soup...my teens have them too

Gray's Anatomy message board - just posted about this about that thread. Let's start posting and let's get family and friends to post too!

http://abc.go.com/primetime/greysana...931&tid=181433

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada