Stay Connected

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Lets get CDH on the Oprah Show.

Did anyone get through on that number for the Today Show?
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

i got this link sent to me today from one of my friends and really thought you need to see this..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSPGVmYrjmQ

I so can understand how this mother feels....
    This is my way of helping her spread this word of DMD
    Hugs Beverly
    http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._2290456_n.jpg Left side CDH- ECMO 9 days- Had his surgery Thursday 01-03-08!! trach w/ Vent.. Weaning off of vent 4 hours a day... @ 21 months started potty traing... mikcey button since 9-2209 As of 2-2009 Dakota's Tracheomalacia and Bronchomalacia ( floppy airs ways) Is now gone. his airways are a normal size!! He's my heart and my soul!!!! I am very blessed.... Dakota's Mom.. ( Beverly) www.dakota-cody.com Movie's about Dakota's fight to live: http://www.dakota-cody.com/videos_of_cody.htm http://dakota-cody.com/cody/CodysFoundationbutton.gif www.codysfoundation.com[img

I would love to see this get out & on TV, what's the latest with the TODAY show?
    I couldnt watch the above clip b/c i'm on diaL uP
    yall need help, let me know , i'll bug them LOL

I got no response from the Today show but I will try again this week!

Our Golf Tournament Event Organizer (she's amazing!) has some connections at a broadcast company (not a show, the whole channel) that she's trying to hook up for the events and hopefully all of CHERUBS and CDH Awareness! Say prayers that something comes of this connection!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

WOW! That would be great , I wish I had a connection, i'll have to ask around

I have just recently emailed Oprah about Feeding Issues and mentioned CDH in there as well. Keeping my fingers crossed for an answer. I was also thinking about getting in touch with the Today Show or Good Morning America

Alyssa~ 7/19/2004; LCDH- ECMO 11 days (VV 5 days)- (VA 6 days)-To date, the only Double ECMO Case at Helen DeVos Children's Hospital, Vent 19 days- Osc. Vent 1 day- Jet Vent 1 day- Oxygen 20 days. 64 days in the NICU, came home on NG tube, continuous drip feeds. 02/28/2005 Fundoplication and G-tube placed.

ya know, MOntel Williams seems to have a "soft spot" for kids with health issues and I think he has a good reputation, may want to keep him in mind too .

I recently e-mailed the Oprah show with Jayden's story, but no response...I may sent it again since it was a few months ago...keep on sending them and someone should get their attention.
    Mother to Jayden. Diagnosed at 18 weeks with Right CDH- hypoplastic right heart- heterotaxy syndrome- polyspleenia- dextrocardia- situs inversus. Vent 38 days- Nitric Oxide 10 days- CDH repair at 4 days- Open heart surgery at 3 1/2 weeks- came home after 47 days at U of M. He came home on a NG tube- which he had for 6 1/2 months. Visit www.carepages.com CarePage name MJaydenR to read more about Jayden and to see pictures!

i did too a while ago with no response

Jenni McCarthy is on the OPRAH show tomorrow! Parents can send in questions etc.
    Do we have any members who's child has CDH and Autism??????
    She is also talking about Mum Warriors!

I sent in an email, said I'm a CDH Warrior Mum. Gave a brief history of Liam, talked alot about CHERUBS and CDH Awareness.

I guess Oprah's staff keep turning a blind eye to all our emails / letters but we gotta keep trying!

C'mon all you Warriors - check out Oprah's site and send in a email!!!

xx
    Sharon - mum to Liam - 30/04/03 RCDH- 2 CDH repairs- Vent: 22 days- oxygen: 315 days- ectopic right kidney- NG Tube: 3 years & 7 months Chelsea-Rose - 08/03/99 Co-Rep for Australia - sknott@cherubs-cdh.org http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...nLiamsmall.jpg