Stay Connected

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Thread: Lets get CDH on the Oprah Show.

I sent an email too Shaz--great idea! One of theses days, CDH will get picked up by Oprah, the Today Show, ect.. I also gave a brief history of Ian, talked about Cherubs and CDH awareness. Like Shaz said, "C'Mon all you Warriers-check out Oprah's site and send in an email!!!" We all our CDH Warrior Moms and have a story to tell about our Cherubs!!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

OK..I'm behind on this one too..then again, Ericka's only two months old.

I was thinking about emailing Oprah. I think the smaller outlets, the magazines, newspapers, etc, are also great ideas and would help. Oprah, however, is the BIG TIME. She has soooo many viewers. I think trying all options would be great. I was also thinking of writing to People Magazine. They have a like a healthwatch article in every issue.
    Mommy to a Miracle: Ericka Elizabeth (3.18.2009)-LCDH diagnosed in utero at 29 weeks- Venitlator- Nitric Oxide- Repair surgery at 13 days- Venous Venous ECMO at 16 days- Venous Arterial ECMO at 21 days- came off ECMO at 36 days- off oxygen support at 84 days- G-tube surgery at 78 days- home at 100 days..FINALLY! I'm so proud of her and all the progress we have made! All meds and g-tube DC'd on May 5th- 2010. She's still a skinny minny but she's healthy and happy! She's amazing!
    ERICKA'S JOURNEY: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...39&skin_id=801 www.myspace.com/tracy_leigh

http://lettersforcdh.blogspot.com/ They are planning on sending letters on July 15.
    Nicolle Colvin Mommy to Kasey James 11.16.08-12.19.08 Colorado Representative colorado.cherubs@gmail.com http://cherubscolorado.blogspot.com/

The big target for the letters for CDH is the Ellen Show and they (letter mailers) plan on mass emailing Oprah.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

The address and email address are on the blog. I have sent this to all my family, friends and my old work. I hope there is a big response!
    Nicolle Colvin Mommy to Kasey James 11.16.08-12.19.08 Colorado Representative colorado.cherubs@gmail.com http://cherubscolorado.blogspot.com/