Stay Connected

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Lets get CDH on the Oprah Show.

Ok I'mback( pasta ...pretty good.)
    1)lhj.deardiane@meredith.com
    Diane is the Ed. in Chief
    2)womansday@hfmus.com
    Editor in chief is Jane Chesnutt

Good luck. I'm going write one more. We should all take a week.
    Like Step, now
    Dawn, next week..and so on....Maybe someone ( other then me) can set that up??? I'll write something any week

That should be Stephane.......not step

You tell me what you want me to do for CDH awareness and I am all over it.
    I am confused about your post, Lise.....wait..just read it again...
    you want me to do next week? Right???
    ALL OVER IT! I mean that.
    Anything to get CDH awareness out there and people to understand it.
    It has become a passion to me.
    CHERUBS has opened my eyes to whatever it takes and the ladies here, with their passion.....remarkable.
    We need to come together and do whatever it takes to get the awareness out there.
    Magazines, Television, local newspapers, address labels, stamps....GET THE AWARENESS OUT THERE! BOTTOM LINE!!!
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

No i'm just saying maybe if someone wants to start a chain thing we can all take a week. You and dawn were examples
    I think I ate too much
    I think we did the thing where everyone at once wrote in w/i a week period. There must have been 50 of us at one time. And nothing happened. I'm just thinking that maybe if 50 of us write once a week, maybe they wouldn't be overwhelmed ( Stuff like this sounds good in my head but once I write it , ( and I don't proof read)I'm thinking it is typed as it sounds in my head....( I need chocolate)
    ***BUT I have a great one here too
    advocacy@parentsmag.com
    you nominate an organization which a parent started to benefit the community. Parents donates 500 to the cause .
    How great is that? I saw it in my Sept 07 issue of parents magazine.

( I'm off to Baskin Robbins )

Baskin Robbins...Gosh I have not seen one of those sense I lived in Chicago. I LOVE Baskin Robbins.
    I think the chain thing is a GREAT idea Lise. I am game for whatever it takes...and I think we can get SO MANY other ladies to do this to!!!!
    Your ideas are greaaaat Lise. Please....Girl.
    Ok, confused.............500 dollars or 500 posts?
    Parents magazine would be a great awareness.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

So let me get this straight...are we ALL writing these places once a week? or are we taking turns each week? are we emailing? or snail mail? I have my story from the TODAY show that I wrote a few weeks ago...just let me know where I need to post/send it!
    Kristin Morrow- mother of Landen James 9/18/07 (LCDH- diagnosed at 19 weeks in utero- CDH repair at 4 days old- chest tube due to secondary pneumothorax for 6 days- HFOV for 8 days- inhaled nitric oxide for 6 days- high flow nasal cannula oxygen for 14 days; battled drug withdrawl & an oral aversion- NICU stay 28 days) http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m.../cdhribbon.jpg

I can't shorten Adam's story with out taking out what feels like huge chunks. I've stortened it enough as it is over 5 years. When I first wrote it I had a 16 page hand written book! Now it's 3 pages typed! But I'll try to shorten it further and send it in!

Dollars! You nominate an organization ...It's called Power Of Parents. I probably should have read the entire article 1st

I think if we take turns every week we would have a better shot at getting a cherubs story out there. Like I said in an earlier post , sending in a bunch of letters/emails has never worked in the past. So lets try something different.
    Does anyone want to be 1st to send off their story to the magazines??

Blog Entries
    How about a DVD story? We have one of Adam? It's 9 minutes long and leaves everyone crying!
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.