Stay Connected

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Lets get CDH on the Oprah Show.

Parents magazine sounds awesome! I think if we all post as often as we can (maybe weekly - have someone here reminding us to do it!), then we have a better shot than 1 e-mail a week.

Kara, you have a DVD? And I don't have a copy? How can we get that into uploadable format to post it on the site? If *any* of you have video that you can upload (like youtube type format), please let me know so we can start a video section! And maybe feature one on the homepage as well. How much better to raise awareness with actual sight and sound real life video?!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Blog Entries
    Yup! Back in June we had Adam dedicated at church and for the dedication service they wanted to come out to our house and do a taping of me and Chuck talking about Adam and all he/we have been through since his birth. The sermon was on "Courage" so we were to tie our story into Courage. It was shown at the beginning of the service to a congregation of 1300 people. There was not a dry eye in the church including the pastors. How's that for CDH Awareness! As soon as the video was over we were called to the stage for the dedication. It's so funny, cause I'll be out and about and perfect strangers come up to me and say "hey, you're Adam's mom . . . . . . "

I'll talk to Chuck and see if he knows how to convert it for us. If not, I'll at least pop a copy in the mail to you, Dawn.
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

That is very wonderful about your tape Kara.
    I bet there wasn't a dry eye!!
    Ok, what is the plan? Are we emailing everyday? I'm lost!!
    To which magazine? If it is to a magazine....what is the address?
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Blog Entries
    Too many cooks spoils the broth going on here. We have so many thoughts flying that we're all confused. Who's the organizer of the bunch; who wants to take charge? Lise . . . . . . .
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Blog Entries
    Dude, my smilies come out so huge! What gives!

I like your big smiles!!
    Yeah- I agree----someone take charge and let us know!!!
    That way we can have a game plan.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

I am not good at organizational stuff. I can organize my kids and my home...but if you throw something at me , i'll mess it up
    I can be the reminder lady. Every week I can do that for y'all!

Kara just saw the post about the DVD. I think it would be awesome. I wonder how that would do. How did you do it ? Is it like pictures w/ words or you all talking ?
    I think Parents and maybe Child magazine is a great idea.
    How about every sunday/monday we send something out?
    Kara do you want to start since you have the DVD?
    If not who said they had 3 pages down from 15? If that's available maybe you can be 2nd. I think I have Grace's as well which is 3 pages also...

I got this magazine at the hospital today.
    It's called Baby talk. Written by Parenting. That would be a good one.
    I'm looking now to find the email address:
    E-mail letters@babytalk.com or write to them at 2 Park Avenue, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10016.
    I am going to email them now.

how about American Baby???
    (Stephanie, do you homeschool your girls??)