Stay Connected

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Lets get CDH on the Oprah Show.

American Baby---tried to email and had NO response. But maybe someone else should try.
    I do not homeschool the girls. We thought about it when Shelby came home and our docs said it would be fine to leave them in public school.
    Do you homeschool?
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Ok, now you have me on this kick again!!!
    I'm going to start a new post......
    I was trying to go to bed!!!HAHA
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

I did Jason in 6th grade. He's 16 now. He had problems w/ kids bulling him. He's a bit shy. You can look at his picture on my blog at msn. He's in the JrROTC now
    www.bearersofgrace1019.spaces.live.com
    He adjusted well.
    So far

Blog Entries
    Lise, absolutely beautiful family! I love the fishing profile fishing pictures. Oh my gosh, that's great!!!
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Yea, I swear Jason has become so 'grounded' since emmie was born. Like he's not so self involved, as far as 16 yr olds go.
    That was our one and only vacation this summer. We had planne don going to New England and saved up so much money to fly 5 kids there. My inlaws have a cottage on Cape Cod and we loved it when we lived there. Hyannis is so wonderful in the summer, a bit crowded but lovely.
    But my fil got ( and cured) prostrate cancer and they sent us their time share for a week at a resort called Silverleaf in Texas. We had a blast. That's where I fired that rifle in my Avatar pic. I had blown on the butt of the gun thinking I looked like that chick from the Terminator but Jason yelled that my gun was loaded

Thanks for the compliment. ~
    ( my daughter Victoria wants to be a missionary and pedi surgeon( to cure cdh !)

Blog Entries
    That part about wanting to be a missionary sent chills through me. I commend you as a parent. That is something that you should be very very proud of! It is so wonderful to see that there are good kids out there that do have a love for God.
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Blog Entries
    Ok, Dawn, Chuck is going to burn me a copy of the DVD to send to you.

Regarding sending it to magazines and posting the video to the site, we are going to check with our church. Technically, they are the originator and producers of the DVD. I doubt it would be a problem, but I don't want to violate any copyright issues or what have you. Once I have an ok from them, Chuck will get more copies made for me to send and I'll give you permission to put it on the site.

Victoria is sweet at 14. I have always hated when parents say, watch out for those teen yrs...I just think if you are around for them they will be ok. Jason at 16 has had a few moments but overall is very nice and compassionate.
    Victoria has said that she wants to be a pedi surgeron since Grace died in 00. Actually her 3 best friends all want to be doctors so they have agreed to go into practice together.
    She is really committed to her love of God. She is really outgoing. Our chruch has local misison trips Nick went on one to Arkansas w/ the heifer Project and loved it. Even w/o electricity and he was the only boy!!!

Blog Entries
    Getting back to the DVD and answering your question, Lise. The church actually sent a film crew out to our house and while filming, Chuck and I talked and told our story. Then at the end they show a couple pictures of Adam.

I have one more for you dawn.It's Newsweek. You submit your story of you cdh baby, how he changed your life or whatever to
    ...It says, to submit your essay for the MY TURN column
    www.myturn.Newsweek.com.

It's one of my favorite articles to read in such a 'heavy' magazine. There have been a few over the years about handicapped children and even infant death.

I have always said, Kara, and maybe you feel the same, that no matter what happens in our life( mark's and mine) we know this has 1st passed thru God's hands. It's all about Faith
    Also Dawn has, i think posted on here, a book( which I sent her) called The Room Of Marvels. I read it in 2 days. It's awesome. Amazon has used copies for 5$. It is by far the best book I have ever read! I think you would enjoy it also.