Stay Connected

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Lets get CDH on the Oprah Show.

Feel free to add more to the list! the more the merrier
    Kristin Morrow- mother of Landen James 9/18/07 (LCDH- diagnosed at 19 weeks in utero- CDH repair at 4 days old- chest tube due to secondary pneumothorax for 6 days- HFOV for 8 days- inhaled nitric oxide for 6 days- high flow nasal cannula oxygen for 14 days; battled drug withdrawl & an oral aversion- NICU stay 28 days) http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m.../cdhribbon.jpg

You are incredible!!!
    We can all take one a week.
    WOW! Kristin...that's just awesome!!!
    I'm going to do one right now!!!

This list is AWESOME.
    I will be on the ones I haven't written to yet!
    Thanks Kristin.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Thank you, Kristin!!!!!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Got my letters out the other day to all the contacts I listed!

Here's the response I got from Woman's Day:

Dear Writer,

Thank you so very much for your interest in writing for Woman’s Day. Unfortunately, you are not alone. In fact, you have so much company, and we have such a small cadre of editors, that we have had to develop what you will no doubt find a rather tough policy on unsolicited manuscripts. This is what you need to know:

Our editors work almost exclusively with experienced writers who have clips from major national magazines. As a result, we accept unsolicited manuscripts only from writers with such credentials. There are no exceptions.

If you do have significant national writing experience, and you have an idea or manuscript that you think might interest us, e-mail us at www.womansday <http> @hfmus.com, including some of your most recent clips. Please note that we cannot guarantee that your submission will be read or commented on; it is by far most likely that we will get in touch with you only if we are interested in pursuing the idea you propose. Please note as well that we said e-mail; hard-copy submissions will not be considered.

If you do not yet have the national experience we outlined above, we look forward to hearing from you when you do. We also extend our regret that, should you nevertheless decide to send us a manuscript, we will not have the time to read, comment on or return it.

With all best wishes,
    Woman’s Day Editors

So I guess they are out!!
    Kristin Morrow- mother of Landen James 9/18/07 (LCDH- diagnosed at 19 weeks in utero- CDH repair at 4 days old- chest tube due to secondary pneumothorax for 6 days- HFOV for 8 days- inhaled nitric oxide for 6 days- high flow nasal cannula oxygen for 14 days; battled drug withdrawl & an oral aversion- NICU stay 28 days) http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m.../cdhribbon.jpg

Well that is a shame.
    You would think that CDH awareness would be just up their alley.
    It's so great you tried, so now we can move on to the others on the list.
    I guarantee we will get it in a magazine!!!!Mark my words.
    Let's not get discouraged!!!! We can accomplish great things working together.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Thanks for your support!

Blog Entries
    Well poopers doopers to Womens Day! I like that part about when you do have national writing credentials. What the heck!
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Ok People I got my leter off to LJH. Who's next??
    And Dawn...You mentioned Kara's video n a previous post
    It was so easy to do the youtube video. If you give me something to write I can have, let's say Victoria say something about cherubs on youtube.
    Do a Cherub's advocacy video and I can download it to youtube.
    Like Victoria can say, "My baby sister was born w/ CDH. She died but my family is alive because of cherubs. the support research and advocacy we recived as a family ws honest straghtforward and helpful..."
    Gimmie something to write and we can upload it to youtube....Just for you!!

Lise I think that rocks!!!!!
    Please let us know when you get it on youtube. I can't wait to see it!!!!