GREAT news Dawn on finding your dress finally! i know what a burden that is to finally find one - and don't worry, I'm sure that it'll be easy for YOU to lose 5 lbs! What a bargain also! Hopefully the lady you bought it from was interested enough in the Ball to purchase a ticket and another dress for herself! LOL

I, too, believe in that old wive's tale about trying on wedding dresses before getting married. I did that at Potomac Mills at Penney's when I first started getting serious with Mike and look at me now - an old maid! And where do I get my 2nd dress from but David's Bridal and is actually a wedding dress! URGH!!!!!!! But I went in there stating I'm NOT a bride, just looking for an Angel Ball Gown! So that should break that stupid old wives tale for us!

I'm getting scared now too since I get to start taking Lyrica on Tuesday and I did a WebMD search on it (while looking at meds for Mom) and looked at the first 25 reviews that were written on it. Most of the people put on a significant amount of weight within a couple of weeks on the med. I certainly can't afford for THAT to happen to me! I'm already in the largest dress size they carry! I did go on-line and ordered 4 other dresses (they can be returned & refunded) just in case I have to have a back up dress!

I was having a problem finding a halter bra for my gown in my size - I'm a 44C now and you can barely find any of those sized bras in the first place, let alone a halter or strapless bra. But I found a great website for those of you that are full-figured that have a different selections of nice bras and also several that are either strapless or halter or different type backings. It's at the Just My Size site - www.jms.com. I actually ended up ordering 4 bras since they are having a clearance sale (some as cheap as $11.99) and also got a halter top bra for less than $30. I know that none of my bras are as nice & supportive as the ones on the website. They aslo carry Platex, Bali and several different brands that you normally won't find in full-sized sizes at a cheaper rate than in the stores. I was really surprised! And they have a no questions asked return policy in case it doesn't fit - all you have to do is make sure it's clean.

Dawn, you had some great suggestions for where to look for dresses in unconventional places! And to top it off, retro is back in style too if you happen to come across an older gown at a thrift store, etc.

Ok - novel again and still haven't done a danged thing I set my mind on doing today. And I've GOT to eat something too! Been stuck on my puter for Mom, on the phone with Sprint w/billing problems for 1-1/2 hours, so much for my even making lunch or even being invited to a picnic with this place loaded to the gill & on overflow even with regular campers! Hope they don't party as loud & long as they did last night. I think someone called the MPs on whoever it was after 1025. I was going to give it til 1030 before I called the MPs - 1000 is quiet hour on the campground as far as roaring music!

Hope everyone is having a nice, quiet & safe Holiday weekend! xxoo Moi