Melissa, I totally understand! Actually the money you donated was over our cost for the trademark (we received a donation to cover that cost) so it's been moved over the research fund. So you've officially helped both funds! THANK YOU!!!!

I completely understand about the SSI and income and nursing and all that. I was under that same cloud when I had Shane, the $4 million dollar kid. Our healthcare system is horrible - no family should be stuck in that situation because their child was born sick. I couldn't work either when I had Shane for that same reason. His dad had to work a low paying job so we wouldn't lose SSI, which gave us his insurance. No insurance company would take the kid with every pre-existing condition, trach, vent, etc. Working hard to make little to pinch pennies to buy diapers some days because the govt says you can't make more money or your child has no medical services. When you really want to work and build a good life for your family! Horrible, just horrible. We thought about moving to Canada for the healthcare. I'm a Republican but boy do I wish the Dems would get that universal healthcare passed! No one understands how devastating a medical problem can be to every part of a family unless they've been through it. Ok, I'll get off my soap box now. But I feel for you, I truly do!!! But Michael is so worth it all!

Love the new photo!