Welcome to Cherubs - you have came to a great place for support and we are here for you.

Without a family history of CDH or genetic abnormality, the chances of having another CDH baby is very low (1-3%). You can always seek out a genetic counselor to talk about your odds of having another CDH baby or genetic abnormality. The genetic counselor will go over your child's records and your family's histories to see if there is a genetic abnormality that caused the CDH and to let you know your odds on having another baby with CDH. Some insurance plans don't cover gentic counseling, so check into that first if that is a concern.

Nobody knows for sure what causes CDH, if it is genes or environmental or what causes it. You can't blame yourself or your ex. Until more research is done, we don't know the exact cause of CDH. Frustrating, I know. I have had two healthy children besides my CDH baby, one before Ian, and one after Ian.

Would love to hear more about yourself and your son. How is he doing? Great news about your engagement and I wish you the best in deciding to have another baby. Let us know how it goes.