HI ALL!!

Let's start looking at some new ways we can help other CDH parents. What kind of awareness activites or fundraisers can you think of?

I have thought about many things, but I do not always have the means to do them. I think it would benefit us all if we posted our ideas. That way if a member who has the means, can maybe borrow your idea if they like it!!

Some of the things I have looked in to or thought of doing is:

Adpot-A-Highway! NO MONEY REQUIRED!!!! You can contact your local AAH coordinator and set things up. You can google AAH to find out who your coordinator would be. So get this - you have to agree to pick up trash on a 2 mile stretch of highway for two years. They provide EVERYTHING!! A sign in your cherub's name or CHERUBS, they give you bags, garbage sticks, vests, traffic sign so drivers know you are on the road. FREE FREE FREE AND IT GETS AWARENESS OUT!! If each member did this, holy tamolie we'd cover a lot of road!!!!

Baby Bears for the NICU's. Buy some teddy bears from a craft store and donate them to the local NICU for your cherub or CHERUBS.

Candle making. Make tri color candles in the CDH Ribbon colors, sell them and donate the money to CHERUBS.

Get together with a local fire department and have a "Boot Drive" Ask the fireman to help coordinate with you for it. Half $$ to CHERUBS half to go to the FD. This is a HUGE media attention getter. The FD would eat this up! They love the camera to get spotlight on their department, and how better to say they are helping raise money for a Non profit!!

Get with your local school district and do a "Penny a Page" program. A parent agrees to donate one penny for each page his child reads. All of the money goes to a Non Profit and the child who has the most pennies gets a book related prize! Not only does it promote awareness, it promotes education!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all I can think of right now!

There are also many othe rthings you can do that we already have posts on:

GABE'S GIFT BAGS
ADOPT A HOSPITAL
CDH AWARENESS DAY FOR CHURCHES
PACKET PARTIES
JEWLERY MAKING
TRUFFLE SALES
BOWL A THONS
BAKE SALES
BLOOD DRIVES

I am looking forward to ANY good ideas you have. I mean any. Even if you thought about it, but never thought you would be able to do it!

LET'S GET CDH AWARENESS OUT THERE!!!