All hospitals will accept, we just send them to doctors who are members of CHERUBS. We have over 150 doctors and nurses in our membership so we have connections at almost all hospitals, plus with us at their conferences they all know who we are. Mainly we send them to the pediatric surgeons or their nurse clinicians or PICU or NICU nurses or ECMO staff. Unless we have a very active member that I know will make sure the info makes it to the parents.

For example.... Amy had a hard time finding someone at U of M to take information. Nurses or just staff usually won't take it. We have to know someone. So we talked to one of our members who is on staff there... great surgeon. And he'll be passing out info once he gets it.

And sometimes it's now just politics. CHOP has a few nurses who are members of BoH - Any communication from us is met with well.... less than warm response. Which is sad, because those politics are robbing CDH families of information and support that only CHERUBS provides. Anything we send directly to that NICU may just be trashed and we can't have that! Sooooo... to get around all that drama, we are sending Braden's box to a member who has been very active for 10 years, who donates to us annually and who is a huge supporter of CHERUBS - and she'll personally make sure that each CDH family receives the info that we send.

Long response I know, I'm sorry! LOL But unfortunately, it's not as simple as it used to be of just putting together information and sending it!