I just wanted to say thank you, first, to Dawn and everyone else who planned the conference, for a great time. It was informative and comforting. I wanted to start a thread on the things we learned, so I will start:

1. DHREAMS and Massachusetts are looking for samples of blood from cherubs, and parents to try to find a common gene which may cause CDH. It may not be one gene, actually, but probably several different genes. So far they have found genes (associated with abnormalities) which are linked with CDH in about 10% of the cases. They have no explanation yet for 90% of the cases of CDH.
2. The scientist believe that CDH will most likely be found to be genetic and not caused by environmental factors. But by genetic, they don't mean necessarily, passing from mother or father to baby, but it could also mean that aberrations in the genes happen spontaneously.
3. I discovered that there is a free program in every state called Early Intervention. You have to seek them out, but they will then send someone to evaluate your child in your home. If you qualify, they will send free therapy to your home. I have just started this process.
4. I discovered that the parents of cherubs are even more kind in person and that it truly helps to share experiences with people who have been through what you have and understand and relate to every word you say.

Again, thanks!