Love this thread!!! Thank you, Jennifer!!!

Karla, THANK YOU for helping with next year's conference! Tell Dave, Craig planning a golf tournament here too so we expect to see you guys here in NC too. We can work on both tournaments together or help with whatever he wants to do! Love to see the dads doing events!!!!!!

What I learned at the conference....

- That there are cases of CDH where the patients' DNA in their blood is different that in their diaphragms. That floored me!!!! Only a few cases (2 or 3) but that finding is HUGE!
- I learned a lot about DHREAMS and Baylor's programs and was thrilled to meet their coordinators
- I learned soooooo, sooooo much at the other 2 conferences and will share it with everyone soon!
- I learned that everyone wants to do SOMETHING to help and honor their cherubs, they just aren't sure how to do it. Hopefully the brochures will help!
- I learned a long list of things to do differently next year (good ideas! Thanks Barb, Karla, Karen and Erin!)
- I learned that I should be ashamed of myself for not working out after I saw Karen looking so great in a bikini after 5 kids! I have no excuse to be out of shape now. You are great motivation, Karen, thank you!!!
- I learned that there is definitely a generation gap with cherubs. Those born recently and those born 7+ years ago - the doctors have changed what they tell parents and how they deal with families. But not so much how they deal with CDH!
- I learned that doctors regret telling parents about HLR because we all know that lung function isn't the only important thing with these kids!
- I learned that surgeons stress over every little thing with these kids just as much as us parents do and they stress over helping families too.
- I learned that Mauro can rock a Hawaiian shirt.
- I learned about each family that attended and heard their stories and met their cherubs.
- I learned that CDH parents are the most compassionate, kind and supportive people I have ever met. Everyone was so wonderful to each other and such a big family.
- I learned that I am so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful group.