We hear the complaints, we understand. But does anyone have any solutions?

We have a small conference committee with only a couple of us searching for options, hotels, trying to figure things out. Usually only 2 of us shipping stuff, organizing stuff, etc. These same people have dozens of other duties on their plates too. We need HELP with planning! Everyone has ideas but not everyone wants to take the time to help us with those ideas and we can only do so many things a day.

Maybe we have overlooked some great location with a wonderful, affordable hotel near a hospital and near tourist attractions. We have asked many times if anyone knows of a good location or hotel. The only responses are those from people who either #1 don't like the current location or #2 want it near their own homes. We haven't gotten 1 single response with any real possibilities. Not one.

We love seeing so many of you there. We love seeing old friends every year. We want you all to be there, it won't be the same without you. But we have over 3400 families and the charity to consider. We're doing the best we can but we know that no matter what or where... we can't make everyone happy. We just can't. All we can do is try to do our best. Maybe someday we can afford 3 or 4 full conferences around the county flying in doctors to each one. But right now, we can't. We can barely get the pizza parties sponsored.

We aren't rigid... we are open to suggestions... but we need real options and real help. If you can find a hotel with the following:

* Near a hospital with a PICU / NICU
* Not at a high altitude
* Clean, non-smoking, no pet rooms
* Free breakfast
* Affordable conference rooms
* Free parking
* In a tourist area with things to do near the hotel for families
* In a family friendly area (safe neighborhood, etc)
* Hotel rooms under $100 a night
* Near an airport

Regardless of where it is... I will be there. Even if I wasn't President, I'd be there (I pay my own way, not CHERUBS). I struggle every year to afford myself to go so I understand. My family hasn't been to a conference yet. I've been blessed enough to have been to Disney World before. My kids have been with their mom a dozen times... they couldn't care less about going to Orlando even if we could afford to take them. I get it. I understand. We try to make it affordable because we understand. We try to make it interesting and fun because we understand. I understand about wanting to travel to different places every year... who doesn't want to see different cities? I was excited about Boston and Niagara... but after months of research, reality set in.... we can't afford it. We can't exclude families who can't afford $150+ night rooms with no parking and no breakfast. We asked for help planning those by people who lived in those area. No response.

I am excited about Orlando again because there are sooooo many families and kids who have never been there. Who could never afford 2 vacations or even Orlando at all but who might be able to go because of grants through their states or because their communities worked to get them there so they could learn about CDH. People who have never met another CDH family or patient in person. Having Disney / Universal and all the other stuff nearby is a bonus. It's not the reason most of us are going.... CHERUBS and CDH is.