[left:3b857f551d]http://www.cherubs-cdh.org/Album/new/slavin-nicholas.jpg[/left:3b857f551d]Nicholas was my second child. Born exactly on his sister's birthday, two years apart. I actually had prayed for that, so I did not have a new day in November to grieve. God was compassionate and granted my wish. Nicholas was born with Fryn's Syndrome as well. I knew from 12 weeks of pregnancy he also had a diaphragmatic hernia. Of course I still could not prepare myself because it had only been one year since his sister died.

I decided to withdraw life support on Nicholas. As I was holding him after he was born, most of his body remained blue on 100% ventilation. I loved him enough to not want him to suffer. Although he only lived for two hours, he will always be a part of my soul. Nicholas, you somehow gave me hope after you died to start living my life again. For that my son, I will forever be grateful. You saved your mother in more ways than you will ever know. Take care of your sister. Until I see your sweet face again...

Written by Nichola’s mom, Brenda Slavin (Marylan)