Stay Connected

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CHERUBS Angel Ball

This sounds wonderful!

I haven't been very active on the boards, but as soon as I read about this, ny hubby and I just knew we would have to attend. I am looking forward to meeting other CDH families face-to-face.

I am looking forward to meeting so many of you for the first time in person and so many others of you again. We are going to have a ball (literally)!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

I am so excited for the Angel Ball.
    It is just going to be a wonderful week-end.
    Dress shopping is on my mind. I am so happy we can wear gold or silver.
    Do you have any details yet on sponsors for the ball?
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Blog Entries
    I betcha we're all marking January 2 as the day we start our Angel Ball diet.

Don't forget ladies, you'll have to coordinate the whole tuxedo thing for the guys. Try to set up the rental in your area, but pick it up the the Raleigh/Durham area. Dawn, can you give us any guidance as to what's down there to rent from?
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

I like that idea Kara.
    Shane has rented a tux from a little Mom and Pop store here just a couple of months ago for his Dad's marrage. He wants to get his tux from them again. I told him about your suggestion and he still wants to tote his. Which I guess is ok, us ladies will be carrying our dresses.

I was thinking...Dawn had said maybe bring a grandparent or sitter with, if you were afraid of the germs.
    I know you have a sitter Kara.
    I am just wondering if I should do this? I think it would be ok to have Shelby around other kids, due to the fact it being summer.
    In July in NC what is the weather like? It's not flu season or anything like that is it?
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Blog Entries
    That brings up a topic - the weather in NC in July is hotter than you know where and mega HUMID! Just my style weather, but take that into consideration when choosing a dress for what is probably an outdoor function. Sleeveless for this flabby armed girl!

I'm going to probably get a dress at Davids Bridal and have them fit me here but have it delivered to the Raleigh shop for my sister to pick up there.

Tuxedo thing and taking it with you will work if you're returning home soon. I think we're making it into a family vacation and going to hit up either the Outer Banks or Myrtle Beach for 4 or 5 days prior or after.
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Good call on a sleeveless dress.
    That's great you will be going to Outer Banks or Myrtle Beach. What fun.
    So the weather is hot and humid. What germs do you think will be hanging out?
    Do you think it would be safe to leave Shelby with a babysitter and other kids? I wonder if Dawn is going to try and get nurses like she had mentioned. Now this whole thing with a babysitter is in my mind!!!

I'm going to try with nurses, but like I said, that will be in a group and I know some of our cherubs have immunity issues so I just wanted to give you all head's up on that.

Humid in NC... depends if we're out of this drought yet! I don't think NC is that humid, and I'm a Navy brat so I'm not an NC native. Much less humid than FL. I think it's about equal to OH. Shane never had an issue with humidity here and he was trached, on oxygen, vent, etc for 2 yrs. I have asthma and it doesn't bother me either.

Sleeveless is what I'm going for too and will probably shop at David's Bridal myself during their big sale in January. I have 2 other formal events this year so hoping to get a lot of use out of one dress.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Blog Entries
    That's interesting seeing as Raleigh, NC is listed as the #3 worst place to live if you are an asthma suffer according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.

I hale from WV and OH and I think the weather in Raleigh is extremely humid in the summer compared to here. My sister and family lived in WV for 25 years and moved to Raleigh about 8 years ago. They suffer something awful from the humidity and my sisters allergies go absolutely bonkers.

Thank you for the heads up Dawn. The weather sounds like Indiana weather. I think Shelby will be fine around other children. We'll just have to make sure none of them have been sick for 2-3 weeks. I know the parents will let us know that.
    I am off to David's Bridal in January to find my dress.
    That's great to be able to have one dress for these other formal events- saves money and thats a good thing.