I was just sitting here in the hospital and thinking how I could help parents with CDH babies. I started to think, what if I could be an on-call parent here at our hospital, Sacred Heart. I went over to the NICU last night just to say hi, and asked them if they think I could start something here at the hospital, like a support group for CDH parents and families. They told me that it was a great idea. I also talked to the charge nurse, and I asked about how many CDH babies they have had since Ayda, and she told me that they have seen 30! I had no idea so many where here in Spokane. I new that Ayda was the first for a while, but it has really gone up. So, I just wanted to see how I would start something here at the hospital. I don’t have to call it CHERUBS, but I could have it just like “ CDH support” or something. It would kinda be like Child Life. This is what I thought I could do

Whenever the NICU gets a CDH baby, they could ask the parents if they want to talk to a CDH parent or On Call CDH parent, and if they say yes, I can come and talk to them. I downloaded a whole bunch of material, and I will make packets and give it to them along with my intro letter. Then if they decide they want more communication with me and so on.

So, how does that sound