I thought this might be a fun thing to try and get members from all over involved! This is what I thought might work-feel free to give input and ideas on ways to make it work.

National CHERUBS Bowl-A-Thon

Raising money for CHERUBS and Spreading CDH Awareness in memory/honor of your CHERUB

Put together a team of 5 or more in memory/honor of your CHERUB (ex: Team Gabriel)
Register your team by sending a list of bowlers participating
Collect pledges and donations
-pledge - x amount per pin
-donation - predetermined amount
-on a day (to be decided) get your team together and bowl a game each
-keep score and calculate pledges
-collect pledges and donations by specific date and send them in with score sheets

Each team will recieve a bowling package with:

-1 CHERUBS t-shirts to give as a prize to the bowler on the team with the highest score
-CHERUBS brochures
-Donation Jar sticker with your childs picture on it
-score sheets
-pledge sheets

All teams could be featured in The Silver Lining

Options for each team to go above and beyond to spread awareness and have fun:

-call bowling alley in advance and let them know what you are doing-reserve lanes if necessary
-see if the bowling alley will put out a donation jar(with the provided Team sticker) the week of with a CHERUBS/CDH flyer
-we could design a logo too and insert cherub's photos in it for each team so you can make t-shirts with iron on transfer paper or through cafepress
-pass out brochures the day of to let people know what you are doing
-see if the local newspaper will write an article

How far each team takes the event could be up to them. You could keep it simple or go for some of the options above.

So what does everyone think? I would love some feedback and ideas! I also am looking for a show of hands on how many people might be interested in organizing a team if we decide to try this!