Stay Connected

Thread: Abel, Ashley Kaitlyn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ashley Kaitlyn Barnes

So much has happened since my last post. Ashley is doing so well! No residual effects from all that she has been through. She's a picky eater but what kid isn't? She has had a few surgeries after her repair; heart cath and strabismus procedures on both eyes twice. Dr. Blair Robinson performed the heart catheterization to close the PDA and PFO and found a collateral vessel which he was able to occlude with 6 coils. No more SVT!! No more meds! She was released by all of her physicians by age 5. She is now a beautiful, healthy and active 15 year old young lady! She is stronger than she realizes and amazes me every day. She does well in school, plays sports and has her driving permit. I had another daughter after Ashley that was healthy. My children and I are doing well and came through this storm stronger by the Grace of God. We have always had the love and support of my family and friends through all of this and I am so thankful for that.
    Last edited by AngelaBarnes; 03-03-2016 at 06:55 PM.

Thank you for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaBarnes View Post
    So much has happened since my last post. Ashley is doing so well! No residual effects from all that she has been through. She's a picky eater but what kid isn't? She has had a few surgeries after her repair; heart cath and strabismus procedures on both eyes twice. Dr. Blair Robinson performed the heart catheterization to close the PDA and PFO and found a collateral vessel which he was able to occlude with 6 coils. No more SVT!! No more meds! She was released by all of her physicians by age 5. She is now a beautiful, healthy and active 15 year old young lady! She is stronger than she realizes and amazes me every day. She does well in school, plays sports and has her driving permit. I had another daughter after Ashley that was healthy. My children and I are doing well and came through this storm stronger by the Grace of God. We have always had the love and support of my family and friends through all of this and I am so thankful for that.
    Thank you so much for sharing this story. Our daughter was diagnosed with "mild" CDH 3 weeks ago. Your story gives me hope. <3 <3 <3